Sunday 4 March 2012

Crushed Metal

I confess!! the beach was rubbish free.
I'm afraid I added the cans so I could follow on with this page.




When I first started this sketchbook I wanted to play on words with a thread or surface theme.
It seems to have developed into either words or visual common threads running through the book......hopefully subtler than some of the ideas I've had.
I'm hoping it'll make sense to everyone when it's finished.
Missing my lovely watercolour paper but there's a certain pleasure in turning over the original pages and keeping it sketchy.

8 comments:

  1. I think crushed cans make great subjects, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Debra , you really have a magical touch. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's your sketchbook, you can add anything, anywhere you want.

    These cans are wonderfully drawn.

    What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cool! Wonderfully done! I've been thinking about painting crumbled paper... I may do crushed metal next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in total awe over how realistic these cans look and still maintain that artistic flare. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think a couple of crushed cans could give hours, days even, of drawing pleasure. wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Great! The colors are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments everyone!