Saturday 9 October 2010

Arthouse Sketchbook Project Page 16

The reason I live on the top floor........this one visited my neighbours downstairs.
My cat was trying to stare it out.( He sometimes brings baby cobras as his little cat "gifts" and brought a larger as yet un-identified snake last week, sadly in three pieces so not good to draw)
A Chinese cobra, not very large, about 80cm but still....



We get a few interesting snakes on Lamma (this is not the scariest and for those on facebook check out Lamma Snake Sightings group)

8 comments:

  1. I can't imagine finding this on my doorstep one morning! Great page and I love the leaves you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic drawing Debra. I'd be with you on the top floor eww

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic drawing !!! But I'd rather look at it on paper than for real !! I'd be terrified !
    I still wonder how you can have so beautiful and rich watercolours(?) on this fussy thin paper !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so diverse! Wow! This is awesome, even though I'm afraid of snakes. I do love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debra - You are so brave to draw a live snake. I would drop everything in my hand and run faster than an Olympic sprinter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! I love all the detail and the way you handled the shadows. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome drawing! The leaves are great to compliment the venomous fella too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work! We no Longer have a cats - too many snake gifts! Jill (in Australia)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments everyone!