Tuesday 5 April 2011

Feeling blue

Preparing a canvas mock up for a still life lesson, which the kids will draw in the style of Giorgio Morandi,
I couldn't get into the subtle colours straight away.......so this was my warm up...or my cool down (and detail down) painted sketch... I couldn't resist a little play with salt on the background either. Not easy to scan work of one colour I've found. It appears much brighter on the scan
Also run out of white paint which didn't help but it was fun....now I have to stop myself dipping my chopstick in the ink!

9 comments:

  1. wow this is great,, I love the single colour, I also love the previous painting from your lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!
    Blue is my favourite colour :)
    Wishes, Debra ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scene very Morandi like, good idea to put some salt on the background, gives a good contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Between being sick and traveling, I'm way behind in checking out all the blogs I love. Your last posts have been wonderful, with lovely art to go with them. I'm always so intrigued with your ability to take the most mundane subjects and translate them into things of beauty. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have titled a painting "Feeling blue" last year. Not surprisingly it had a lot of blue in it and I didn't like how it came out :(, so the name worked. I do like yours very much! The forms have a nice turn to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Wish I were your student!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful shades of blue in objects of different shapes and sizes =) You've made them stand out really well, like you always do with your other subjects

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I love your blues and purples. Your use of tone and shade is superb!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments everyone!