Tuesday 5 April 2011

Learning curves

I went to my first Japanese painting lesson  yesterday and it totally blew my mind.
The biggest two hour learning curve I've had for a very long time

After lots of practise with the paints and inks on soft paper I did one postcard (the postcard paper absorbed in a  totally different way to the practise paper)...not good at all but represents something new and exciting to me ...this is the first time I have used a chopstick to draw! 
I started out with a western mind but by the end of two hours I was beginning to get the idea behind it. 
With my detailed work I'm sure this will be so good for me.
It has made me look at the world in a different way .

Sayaka is a Japanese ink painting teacher, Ink artists' Association Member,  and a Special Prize Winner Prize Ink artists' association in Japan.
And an amazing teacher!

4 comments:

  1. wow I would love to do this class - I love your results. hmmm Painting with chopsticks that would be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, your class sounds really exciting! You are off to a great start with these flowers. It looks like the petals are dancing in the spring breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS! I can't imagine drawing using chopsticks, and that surely is something new to me. I would love to take classes like that someday =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn you are so good at everything you do! I like these pink flowers very much. It's always good to try something out of one's comfort zone,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments everyone!